|Home||About Us||Parks & Lodges||Options||Escorted Safaris||Contact Us||Resources|
African safari, Africa, safari, Micato Safaris, Abercrombie & Kent, Park East, adventure travel
An interpretation of a traditional Maasai Manyatta village of domed huts, Mara Serena Safari Lodge is set on the saddle of a hill where it overlooks the 1,800 square kilometers of rolling plains, woodlands and rivers that make up the Masai Mara Triangle - one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. No other lodge has such a spectacular view of the surrounding landscape or the game and birdlife that inhabit it. It is on this very terrain stretching endlessly before the lodge where the annual migrations take place, where millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle traverse the landscape to feed on the rich new grass and give birth to their young.
An architectural echo of the traditonal Maasai manyatta (village) of domed huts, the guest rooms of Mara Serena are styled and arranged to blend into the natural landscape. Every room is an individual "hut" - spread out to give each one uninterrupted views of the plains, the meandering riverine forest and the silhouetted hills beyond.
Guest Services and Amenities
- Outdoor pool with lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas and fresh towels
- Communication available via telephone, fax and radio
- Currency exchange open 24 hours
- American Express, Mastercard, Visa and Barclays credit cards accepted by cashier
- Nurse on call 24 hours. Flying Doctors Service is also available which includes emergency Medivac to hospital from nearby airstrip
- Daily laundry/pressing service
- Boutique with curios, clothing, jewelry, batiks, books, maps, lotions, films, stamps, etc.
- Lunch boxes, fruit, flowers and celebration cakes may be ordered
- Central safety deposit service available, free-of-charge, at the reception desk
- Voltage is 240V - 50Hz in rooms; shaver outlets have both 110V and 240V. Adaptors available at the reception desk
Photos and info copyright © Serena Hotels.